Saturday, February 11, 2006

on this mountain climb
of questions
that can lead me
towards my peak
i've encountered those
i'd ask a few
until something
made me weak
a point i'd reach
within my heart
intuition all aglow
that no matter how i
phrased my words
their answers
i did not want to know
between their words
my mind cast ropes
and pulled meanings
i needed to hear
and soon
like a spider trapped
in its web
to myself
i did appear
because hope
is hard of hearing
and i was deafened by deceit
unable to see beyond
that point
i couldn't move my feet
but looking back
along my track
a quiet
was what i craved
so i used those ropes
to pull me up
to a point
where i felt saved
to a ledge i came
not too long after
where silence
was the only
sound
and there

i felt quite comfortable
to take a look
around
a hunger i did notice
for a partner
on my climb
with whom no ropes were needed

truth
the safety net
this time

so when the growling began to
lessen
from a taste i'd known
before
once hopes
unsaid
your words
like bread
were feeding my hunger
for more
i have never met a climber
with whom it's felt so right
because no matter where
i place my step
you calm my fear of height
and if i can do for you
exactly the same thing
then bit by bit
upon our climb
peace of mind to you
i'll bring
and if it happens
we're quietly heading
exactly the same place
the peak
to me
is anywhere
i turn
and see your face

4 Comments:

Blogger kimmerker said...

concise

8:01 PM  
Blogger Chamki said...

i missed you!!!
for some unknown reason i couldnt see the updates on your page and all i saw were your previous posts. I thought you hadnt been posting and then this bright Sunday morning, i found this lovely thing you have written! its really good! I love it, it feels so good, it finds something, i wish i could!
I was back from the wedding and i have put up a few pictures which i plan to take off the blog in 2 days, if you want to see them, hurry!!

9:15 PM  
Blogger kimmerker said...

why are you taking the pictures off your blog?

4:28 AM  
Blogger Chamki said...

a friend of mine says someone might want to play around with them and ruin my already miserable life. im not convinced but im doing it anyway.

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home